The global automotive sector is moving into a new era of transformative change as it takes on the challenges of electrification, not only of electric passenger vehicles but also buses, trucks and vans.
WSP has been providing consulting and engineering services to the automotive industry for over 80 years. We offer wide-ranging expertise across many disciplines to advise and support the evolving needs of our clients as they rise to the 21st century challenges of technological advancement, digitalisation, increasingly stringent regulatory requirements, climate change and global competition.
Our global client portfolio includes world class vehicle manufacturers; battery manufacturers and parts manufacturers with a variety of projects. These range from designing the buildings and supporting infrastructure for vehicle assembly lines and the manufacture of batteries to high-end brand showrooms and transport fleet garages and maintenance facilities; and from performance testing of car and truck engines to the development of net-zero environmental strategies for entire operations.
Our services include:
- Environmental services: We help our clients fulfil their environmental ambitions through our significant experience of developing and delivering sustainable strategies for the automotive industry. With our full range of environmental services we are supporting the industry in pursuing net zero and circular economy goals.
- Testing technologies: Through our testing technology services we provide complete solutions for our clients’ testing requirements, with projects ranging from individual component testing, to whole-vehicle test beds, to entire R&D laboratories. Click here to find out more about our testing technologies capability.
- Battery plant design: We are helping manufacturers meet the huge and growing demand for affordable EV batteries. Our experience ranges from the design and project management of battery plant buildings and infrastructure, including the new generation of gigafactories, to the specialist expertise of clean room and dry room design and implementation.
- WSP Smart™: For vehicle, battery or parts manufacturers, whether building and operating new plant, refurbishing existing facilities or integrating systems onto a common data platform. Our WSP Smart™ experts combine aggregate data with smart solutions to optimize production and achieve greater operational and environmental efficiencies. Our services include industrial integrated management systems; automated controls and systems integration; and predictive analytics and asset optimization.
- Engineering design: We provide the full multidisciplinary range of our core engineering design and specialist services for the all the infrastructure and buildings associated with the automotive sector.
- Project delivery advisory services: We support our clients in project management, contract management, and strategic advisory services throughout the project initiation, planning, delivery and operational life-cycle. Sustainability, Net-Zero and Circular Economy sit at the heart of our business and we assist our clients in their own strategic planning and delivery of these fundamentals.