As transport emissions account for one of the fastest growing and largest sources of emissions in Australia, transitioning to zero-emission vehicles (ZEV) provides an opportunity to achieve significant emissions reductions for many fleet owners as well as substantial community benefits.
WSP’s international experts are diligently monitoring global and emerging trends and are helping cities around the world transition their internal combustion fleets to cleaner alternatives, the main types being battery electric vehicles (BEV) and hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles (FCEV). Our expert international and local team is now helping Australian clients learn from other cities’ experiences.
Download our ZEV flyer to learn more.
Zero Emission Vehicle Strategy
WSP has supported clients in Australia and overseas around key decisions in the delivery of their transition to zero emission vehicles. These include strategic rationale, readiness of technology reviews, sustainability impact assessments, geospatial network planning, and transition scale and rollout timing. WSP brings deep technical experience to our strategy work, ensuring strategies are grounded with both infrastructure requirements and operational reality.
Zero Emission Vehicle Economic and Financial appraisal
Adoption and transition of zero emission vehicles requires careful consideration of the economic and financial implications. WSP has extensive experience building economic and financial models to inform budgets and cashflow requirements for our client’s transition. This includes understanding the capital for significant infrastructure requirements, reduced operating expenditure through lower fuel and operations and maintenance costs, and calculating the broader economic benefits of reduced noise and emissions.
WSP can assist with:
- Green fleet policy and strategy advice
- Fleet alternative fuels study
- Baselining and global benchmarking
- Finance, funding and cost economics
- ZEV performance specification
- ZEV transition plan development and assessment
- ZEV infrastructure strategy, planning and design advice
- ZEV service planning and technology advice
- Battery electric power advisory services
- Transition planning including staging, asset replacement and procurement
- Stakeholder engagement
- Implementation support (including trials)