Locally dedicated with international scale, WSP provides leading practice advisory support that is flexible, customer focused, interprets current trends and anticipates future requirements to create world class, deliverable projects for our clients.
Increased Stability for Renewable Networks
The emergence of battery storage systems has helped to advance the push for renewable energy across the world. By preserving energy during periods of low demand, storage is increasing the resilience and stability of our network. One which in recent years has become strained and at times compromised because of climate change and increased demand from electrification.
A future ready solution capable of providing reliable, round the clock clean energy, battery storage systems will become more prevalent in homes, businesses and industries across the world.
With a team of dedicated technical experts, we can provide a range of services to suit our clients’ needs. We can assist on projects by completing feasibility studies, technical due diligence right through to owner’s engineers. We have experience in implementing battery systems across a number of hybrid models including off-grid networks, solar, wind and other forms of generation.
Power Sector Meets Virtual Future
In tandem with battery storage systems, Virtual Power Plants (VPP) are creating smart, efficient and coordinated power networks that exchange or trade energy from a central control system often located off-grid. By coordinating storage systems, renewable energy resources and consumers, VPP’s offer flexibility and can help stabilise the energy network by using big data in real-time as a way of optimising generation and usage. VPP’s are also significant in the modern push for decentralised energy networks.
Across our multi-disciplinary firm, we can remain agile to assist our clients in transitioning towards their clean-energy futures. We have experience with designing effective VPP and battery storage systems for high-energy consuming industries located away from centralised power networks. We can design cost-effective and energy efficient solutions to cater our clients needs.
- Assess feasibility in terms of technical and economic benefits of different battery technologies
- Integration into isolated and interconnected power systems
- Application of batteries into brownfield installations
Technical Due Diligence
- Technology and performance assessments
- Contract review with regards to performance and ongoing O&M obligations
- Integration risks of batteries in isolated and connected networks
- Environmental and permitting impacts assessment
- Identification of key risks and mitigation measures associated with battery integration
Owner’s Engineering Services
- Development approval preparation and lodgement
- Electrical balance of plant and connection support related to isolated or connected power systems
- Schedule management
- Power system studies including Generator Technical Performance Standards development
- Technical review of battery performance based on proposed operating modes
- Negotiations with EPC contractors during the tender phase
- Factory acceptance test and commissioning witnessing including performance assessments