Designing the Railways of Tomorrow
Committed to delivering economic and sustainable railways, we produce cutting-edge design concepts, improve construction programs and lower whole-life costs, while considering environmental and resiliency issues to minimise impacts.
With a deep understanding of industry trends, technological advancements and our clients’ business drivers, we have a formidable record of helping them meet their aspirations of enhancing performance and safety while reducing operational costs.
Support at Every Stage of Your Project
WSP works across all phases of a rail project – from surveys to planning, design, construction supervision, management, operations and maintenance – tapping into our extensive local teams and broad global expertise.
Our project experience and capabilities span the full range of rail assets, including
- Renewing infrastructure – such as track and signalling systems
- Implementing capacity enhancements at junctions and stations
- Designing upgraded power supplies to meet growing electrification demands
- Finding solutions for complex permanent-way design challenges
- Geotechnical and surveys
- Roads and civil earthworks
- Track work and alignment design
- Bridges, structures and building design
- Hydrology and drainage
- Station design and upgrade
- Electrification and power systems
- Railway systems, including signalling, power and telecommunications
- Station, workshop and depot design
- Feasibility and concept design
- Cost estimation plans
- Hydraulic design, modelling, analysis and assessment